Ever since the new update, using a second monitor has been weird

J

JWobble

I have version 2004 (windows 10), on an HP envy x360 15m-dr0012dx.

Ever since the new windows update, I have had lots of difficulties using my second monitor. Sometimes (randomly as far as I can tell), my computer will stop outputting the signal to the HDMI port, but it will still detect that there is another monitor plugged in (it just doesn't have any information about that monitor). And forcing it to pick a display mode extend, copy, screen 1/2 only doesn't work. Neither does unplugging the monitor or restarting the computer or monitor. In addition to that, while I'm on the Netflix website (not necessarily watching content), the computer will just switch to the built-in display for a few seconds then switch back, this happens every 15 minutes or so. My computer also has a hard time just straight up recognizing when a second monitor is plugged in, I have tried several monitors and even a projector, and they all just don't work immediately, I have to do several restarts and reinstalls of my graphics driver for them to start working.

I have tried restarting my computer and my monitor, I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the graphics driver and updating it to the newest version. I just have no clue what to do.

If anyone has any pointers that would be fantastic because I'm at my wit's end.

By the way, this isn't just a problem with this monitor, it happens to anything I plug in.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom