Windows fails to shut down and restart. Also has problems with the file system-Windows Explorer

L

leonknight99

My mum was using my PC a couple days ago and when she went to shut it down it didn't ever turn off, no screen output but the fans etc was still spinning. I was away at the time so just said to switch it off from the power button as it was like this for a while. So now it still wont shut down or restart, either stays on the screen with the dots spinning around or the monitors switch off and the fans still spin. It does turn off still with holding the power button in but thats the only way.

Here is the weird part, it seems like Windows Explorer has something to do with the issue as its constantly sitting at 8% CPU usage whilst idle (I have a Ryzen 3700x so this is quite a lot). So with Windows Explorer it can create new folders but wont refresh to display them automatically, I've tried in the windows registry entering to create new folders and also refresh but both are present and seem to be working. However if I restart/shut down the PC as soon as I log in there is no issues, seems to beat the windows explorer crash as such.

Im puzzled to what the issue could be now, it seems to be pointing to a complete reinstall of windows but would rather not if I can

Hope this all makes sense and thanks for the help!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom