Outlook Live (Webmail Client) has Hijacked my "Mailto: Microsoft Outlook" (Stand Alone Email Client) Setting ...

C

cfguy100

Hi Everyone,

I am having a problem that when I click an online email address ("mailto: hyperlinked"), the internet opens to "Outlook Live" webmail, instead of my stand alone Outlook 2010 program (that used to open with a blank email message, when an online email address was clicked).

I have tried a variety of solutions, including:

1. Open Outlook. On the File tab, choose Options > General. Under Start up options, select the Make Outlook the default program for E-mail, Contacts, and Calendar check box. Click OK.
  2. Control panel, Default programs, Set default programs, click on Office Outlook, Choose defaults for this program. Mailto should be checked.

But nothing works to revert back to the way it used to be, where the stand alone Outlook 2010 program opened, with a blank email message. It still opens up the internet to "Outlook Live" web-based email.

This is extremely frustrating as a user, and I must say is beginning to feel like Microsoft is making it intentionally difficult to change it back, therefore "forcing" users to use online "Outlook Live" webmail (for some reason).

If anyone has any ideas of how to switch back to the stand alone Outlook program, when an online email account is clicked, please let me know, as I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks,

-Cfguy

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom