"Microsoft" Folder in AppData/ Local is Missing.

• Thread starter Carlos Eduardo Gutierréz Amador
  • Start date
C

Carlos Eduardo Gutierréz Amador

So, for a bit I've been having an issue with Word, where it would propt the "Word Could Not Create Work File Check The Temp Enviroment Variable", and Today while trying to look up for a solution I found the next article: Word could not create the work file error message when you save a document - Office

So, after checking it out I decided to try it, and to my surprise, I didn't have the "Microsoft" folder in AppData/Local. No big deal, I thought, I'll Just make it. But I couldn't. Windows says the folder does exist when I attempt to create it, but trying to locate it with any program is almost imposible. Now, I can write the whole adress at the file explorer bar, but the solution I found for Word didn't work, so my guess is that the folder does exist, but somehow no program can detect it natively, hence why word began to prompt this error in the first place.

I don't really can't think of another solution than reinstalling windows completely, and I'd like to keep that as a last resort. I can also scratch mechanical damage since I'm using an NVME. Any help and advice for a solution is welcome.

Also, small detail that I don't really know if it's related, I haven't been able to sing in to edge since it says it requires me to sing in with a work or school email, while I have been able before to sing in with my personal account.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom