Project setting won't change from PC screen only.

• Thread starter Osama Al Mohtashim
  • Start date
O

Osama Al Mohtashim

My laptop was able to connect to a screen perfectly fine yesterday, however it won't connect to one today, I have tried using a different HDMI cable and I have testing the monitor's status by connecting it to a different laptop (Mac) and it worked fine. It's just my desktop laptop that won't connect, I have tried the windows+P option to change the projection setting however the moment I select the new option then click anywhere else it resets it back to PC screen only. I have also checked for an update for my graphics drivers and all are up to date, even updated windows but the problem still persists, have not installed any new software since yesterday, even went as far as uninstalling both graphics drivers and reinstalling them. I also formatted the whole PC just to be sure it wasn't a software issue.

I doubt it's a hardware one either as the laptop has not been moved nor was it touched (have a keyboard and mouse separated plugged in.

TLDR; Laptop isn't detecting the presence of another screen, laptop projection settings are stuck on PC screen only.

Things I've tried:

• Updating graphics drivers
  • Updating windows
  • Uninstalling and Reinstalling graphics drivers
  • Changing the HDMI cable
  • Checking the connection status of the monitor
  • Completely resetting my laptop to a clean state

I have also noticed I'm not getting the screen arrangement thing that'd usually appear under the Multiple displays section.

95f491fe-67a8-4112-871a-44e2e2217bc4?upload=true.png

Notes: The monitor is detecting some sort of connection as it automatically turns on once I plug or unplug the HDMI cable from the laptop, however all the monitor does is display "No Signal" then automatically turns back into sleep mode. It should also be given that I am fully aware of which HDMI input is selected on the monitor.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom