Why does my sound automute/shut off when the computer has been idle for a little while?

S

SemiCatS

Hi.

I have an annoying issue going on on my computer. When I've finished watching let's say a YouTube-video - or anything with sound on it, I typically turn off my monitors and turn off the volume (external "turnable knob", Logitech speaker set from way back in the days, but it's working really well) and leave the computer idle. As far as I've been able to verify, it's set up to NEVER go to sleep, since I typically run back and forth between the computer and other things all the time and don't want to wait for it to wake up. The sound is never muted by me, but when I return to my computer after a while, the speaker symbol in the lower right hand corner of the screen has got a cross on it and I have to unmute the speakers every time, which is quite annoying. There are never any issues when I've first unmuted the speakers/sound and start listening to either music or other sounds, but as soon as I leave the computer idle for a while, either the "turn-knob"-sound-controller is left on, the sound has been muted. I've searched "everywhere" for an explanation, but all I get is tips about checking the power-saving modes, run some audio-troubleshooter and so on, and none of that helps. I've also disabled all output-devices other than the speakers that are actually connected. So, have any of you guys experienced something similar and care to share a solution? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In case it matters, I'm listing my computer content below.

It's running on running on Windows 10 Pro by the way.

Mainboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X

HDD: 2x Corsair Force Series MP600 2TB m.2 SSDs (One of them is the C-drive) + a bunch of older storage drives.

RAM: 64 GB, HyperX Fury DDR43466MHz (Set of 4x16GB)

Display adapter: MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT Gaming X

Monitors: 2x Eizo ColorEdge CS2420

Best regards

Stig M. Thu

Norway

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom