Getting Canon 9000F Scanner to work with Windows 10

D

dougs48

The Canon 9000F scanner is a great little machine, and I used it a great deal with my old desktop which was running on Windows XP. I know -- Windows XP! But XP worked just fine for years, so why update? Then my desktop died, and I had to get a new one. Of course, with Windows 10. I plugged in the Scanner and downloaded the 9000F driver from the Canon site. It didn't work. Actually, there are three versions of the "latest" 9000F driver available for download, but NONE of them worked! They would download, and be in the files, but they would not open. Then, a brainstorm: I dug around the closet and found the old, original Canon 9000F Installation CD from 6 years ago! I popped it into the CD door, and it hummed and clicked, over and over and over, but it would not install! Oh no. One last idea: I took a portable CD/DVD player, and connected to a USB port on the BACK of the computer. I put the CD in and........ success!!! Drum roll! Now I can copy pictures and slides and documents again! The scanner now works again! Just wanted to let you know that this is what worked for me.....

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom