Internet access is good, Windows Ethernet (cabled) shows no network or internet access.

S

sharky0

Hi,

I have some issues with Windows 10 showing me in the taskbar and in the Network Status that I have no Internet Access. Yet, I'm writing this post on that very same computer, so I do have internet access. However, for some reasons, some software sit on that network status to tell me I have no internet access. This is a cabled connection (not wifi, there is not even a wifi card on this computer, so please refrain from giving wifi solution as I saw in other post for cabled connection...). The card properties are showing all the right expected information about the connection: speed, DHCP server, IPv4 address; it even shows Operational in the status!!! It can detect my local network fine. Ping to www.google.com and my default gateway work fine too.

It started last week just after my computer upgrade the latest Windows 10 update (Windows 10 Pro 2004, build 19041.450, Experience pack 120.2212.31.0). I feel something went wrong in there...

So far I tried this:

• Uninstall drivers and let Windows re-install them.
  • Update drivers to the latest from network card manufacturer.
  • Reboot.
  • Reboot safe mode with networking.
  • Run the troubleshoot helper and reset the network (with a reboot).
  • Clear DNS cache.
  • Release and renew IP.
  • Reboot DHCP server (router).
  • Reboot modem.

I'm short of other idea to make it work now...

Regards

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom