Repeated failure to update windows 10 from build 1909 to 2004 after downloading all files and giving permission to install

• Thread starter Andrew Joseph Cucchiara
  • Start date
A

Andrew Joseph Cucchiara

Over several months I have encountered consistent failures in my attempts to update windows 10 from build 1909 to 2004 after watching the lengthy download of (presumably) all files and giving permission to complete the (final step?) of installing the upgrade of WINDOWS 10 Pro from build 1909 to 2004 which involves a reboot of my ASUS model Q525 2-in-1 notebook which has an x64 -base I7 (with 8 cores?) CPU, with 16 Gb RAM and SSD drives. After a reboot, I watch the system install to as much as 91% completion, but have not noted an error message. When I noticed that the system has rebooted and has prompted me for my (encrypted disk) password, I give the password, then I log onto my administrative account, go to the settings app and am greeted with the message,

"Feature updated to Windows 10, version 2004.

We couldn't install this update, but you can try again (0x8007001f)

The next version of Windows is available with new features and security improvements.

When you're ready for the update, select download and install."

When I do that, I get the same failure outcome; sometimes with different hex code listed.

please advise,

andy

Continue reading...