TPM 1.2 upgrade to TPM 2.0 is showing on manufacture website but not in windows to be used.

• Thread starter Jonathan Lee (jlee102)
  • Start date
J

Jonathan Lee (jlee102)

Hello I was one of the few that updated a TPM firmware on a 1.2 with the registry issues and getting the auto generated key that users can not see with reg edit and being able to update my firmware. My issue now is on the manufacture website the TPM chip shows it can now update to 2.0. However they do not have a download, Windows update has not updated this now as 2.0 is better managed and does most of the updates now.

Question 1. How can I use group policy on a domain to force update the TPM firmware on systems that are already using bit locked drives if they all use a Infineon IFX older version of firmware as it was hard to do it locally? Also if I had to edit all of the registry settings to do this, is windows able to manage this with current 2.0 chips?

Question 2. Why after my update did the Get-TPM no longer show the version of the chip?

This shows a good update with 4.43 in use. the version that says it can go to 2.0 and my highlighted laptop version that is a good laptop. Bitlocker is in use and working. How can you update this in a group policy on more then one system on encrypted drives?

4b030eaf-498a-426a-b3ed-93cb2b3f97f4?upload=true.png

9691bebf-aebb-4468-b746-2eaea50bd2f5?upload=true.png

Model number shown for chip SLB 9660 TPM 1.2

Website shows new update but is not useable why has it not gone to 2.0 yet. How can I update this with a group user policy with multiple systems I can see the security risk if that, so then how come windows can not preform a update that shows it can be done? it is updateable I was able to get to 4.43 and have bitlocker running.

050ee874-221a-4069-bd69-42f6c26e495c?upload=true.png

1286d295-aa7f-42c1-840f-6afe322cbbb1?upload=true.png

works cited:

“TPM Update .” Infineon Technologies Trusted Platform Modules (TPMs), Security Feature Bypass Vulnerability, support.dynabook.com/sscontent?contentId=4015874.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom