BSOD Constantly and during fresh install

L

Loui Belten

So about a year ago i built this PC:

Specs:

-AMD Ryzen 3 2200G

-Asus Prime B450M-A-Patriot Viper Elite Series DDR4 8GB (2 x 4GB)

-PowerColor Red Dragon Radeon RX 570 AXRX 570 4GBD5-3DHD/OC

First thing i did was install windows. Everything went smooth for a couple of weeks, until i got my first BSOD (Memory Management). I didn't think much of it until it happened constantly, so i upgraded the BIOS to the most recent version. But it didn't work.

There wasn't really a pattern on when the BSOD appeared. So i checked for faulty memory connection, disconnected and connected it again. It really didn't work. The computer was usable for long periods of times, but whenever i restarted it i had to do it a couple of times before everything worked smoothly.

About 5 months ago i decided to try manjaro, since to me it was a Windows related problem. So i did, and the computer has been working correctly and smoothly with Manjaro Linux, not a single problem. But, if i really want the most out of my gaming experience i need windows, so i tried to log back into my windows partition. But that didn't work.

I've tried entering into safe mode, but i was unable to. From then i just wasn't able to even boot to the MBR, regular windows loading screen but BSOD afterwards (Memory Management). So i deleted the windows partition and tried to do a fresh install. I tried multiple USB drives with the WIndows Media Creation Tool (On a different laptop, windows 7, another with windows 10). But i just can't get windows installed on my PC now. It just BSOD randomly at any point of the installation process.

Just today i tried the memtest86 tool and passed the test 100% with no errors. Tried the linux memtest and the same.

Am i doing something wrong here?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom