Remote Desktop Freezing when using MSTSC but not when using Microsoft Remote Desktop App from Microsoft Store

J

JulianRondello

As a company, we have clients connect to our network using a VPN and MSTSC. Since our company has gone fully remote, many of our users are experiencing a significant number of remote session freezes which require a disconnect and reconnect to the remote session. Mouse movements and typing that occurred while frozen will appear upon reconnection.

We are able to avoid this freezing issue if using the Microsoft Remote Desktop App, offered through the Microsoft Store. Ericom Blaze can also establish and maintain a connection better than Windows installed MSTSC. On the MSTSC settings, I've tried reducing the color to 15-bit and setting performance to low-speed as low as 56kbps. Despite these changes, freezes continue to occur in the windows installed MSTSC.

I would have all employee use the Remote Desktop App from the Microsoft Store, but it doesn't appear to support multi-screen connections.

What can I do to create a remote sessions with the connection smoothing of the Microsoft Remote Desktop App but with the multi-monitor ability of the Windows installed MSTSC?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom