WIndows 10 no longer remembers any website passwords, auto logons (Onedrive), or email account passwords in Outlook or will stay logged in to Google

L

LHnTX

I’ve been at my wits end all week. PC. Windows 10. Outlook 2019. About 3 days ago Outlook suddenly started asking for my gmail account passwords, my business account, and my personal accounts passwords or 2 factor authorization every time I started it. I have three gmail, one personal, one business, and other accounts with long passwords and the password box does not allow copy/paste from my password management software, so this is a pain. Some gmail accounts allow authorization via my phone, some require typing in the password (20 random characters). iCloud for Outlook has also quit working and says wrong password (this actually happens quite often so I know the fix). I’ve logged off my iCloud account, I unchecked “outlook for iCloud” and rechecked it. This will work for a while then quit working again. Google Chrome always has my logon “paused”, so I have to manually logon again, even after reboots. Onedrive quit auto logon at reboot. I was using Edge and it no longer remembered any of my passwords, so I switched back to Chrome and it did the same thing. I have virusscann software and pro malware bytes and other virus protection. I’ve not changed anything. Windows software is all up to date. There are no virus hits. I’m very cautious and never click unknown links in emails and my virus scan software checks my emails and removes bad links anyway. I’ve reinstalled Office 365 and Outlook. I’ve reinstalled iCloud and iCloud for outlook. I’ve run PST file fix multiple times. I finally had to turn off 2 factor in Google just to get past the password requests, now Outlook is asking again! I've deleted my gmail accounts, comcast account and apple accounts from Outlook and reinstalled, but Outlook will still ask for passwords or 2 factor authorization after a restart. iCloud for Outlook will work for a day, then suddenly say wrong password (I have an IOS generated password for 2 factor) or “go online” and no longer syncing with IOS. I’ve reset onedrive yet the problem will suddenly reoccur. Google will also not stay logged in. If I start file explore, I cannot access my onedrive files on my PC, but I can access online. The onedrive taskbar icon says "up do date" I’m pretty tech savy, but this has me pulling my hair out. I’ve searched and searched the internet for fixes and nothing works. I think that I have the issue fixed, and they will start up again. I've run dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorhealth multiple times. I've run sfc /scannow multiple times. I have read some comments that the last major windows update was causing some issues like this, but I've not been able to confirm this or find any solutions.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom