Having a serious network issue, computer is recieving network requests, but is not responding to them!

P

Prototype464XBL

I have no idea when this started happening, I tried setting up an NGINX server on my Windows 10 machine (version 1909), got the configs ready and everything, and made sure to portforward on the router ports 80 and 443 and route them to my machine in the router config. None of my friends are able to connect to the website via my public IP or my hostname. I then attempted to use XAMPP and ran into the same issue.

This is all I can recall doing that would possibly have screwed up my PC's ability to host services on my network, because I have been able to host a Minecraft server on the port 25565 (running it on my machine and friends connect perfectly fine via my domain) - and now when I try to host my Minecraft server, latest game version on Paper's latest build, no one is able to connect, the console doesn't say they've tried connecting and their game doesn't say anything special. They made sure to enter the right IP and everything just like they did before. Strange thing is that my internet and all games I play work perfectly fine, but when I try to host any kind of service (HTTP server or Minecraft server) it doesn't work at all, even though it did before!

I have received as much help as possible from my dad and a friend who both have very good networking knowledge and the friend who was helping even used NMap to see what ports I have open, and on his end none that were specifically opened are showing up, and my dad, who has worked at IBM for over 20 years and specializes in networking and cloud services, was unable to communicate with my computer from his, atleast, he was not getting a response over the network. He also tried the same NGINX setup as me and it worked on his machine when he went to it via our public IP! This didn't work on my machine for some reason.

This is driving me absolutely nuts. I have also tried reinstalling my network drivers, I've used NMap on my machine, I've tried using a program called "Beacon" that's specially used for opening ports for hosting game servers on a local machine, and it doesn't work anymore, even though it did before. On the 13th I also restarted my PC only to be greeted with a Windows 10 update that took over two and a half hours. This wasn't the original cause of the issue, but at this point I'm asking here on the forums because I have literally tried everything!
Does anyone have any answers? What could the problem be? It's something wrong with my computer, because the router configuration has been ruled out, that's not the issue. Please help!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom