Blurry image on 2nd monitor on extend display

P

palceu

While my laptop was connected to my TV with an HDMI cable, it used to work normally on the extend display option, yet, as i raised the resolution display option for the TV to 1920x1080 for the first time, as opposed to the recommended 1366x768 which was the option used on both monitors before, the image became really blurry, and unlike some other people i've seen with a similar problem, it's not just with external apps, windows app and even the desktop itself are displaying a very low quality image, while the laptop's monitor is still normal, no matter what. Even as i reverted to the usual 1366x768, and even attempted other resolutions, it still didn't go back to the way it was. There's also a weird zoomed in effect now, with the image not quite fitting inside the TV's aspect ratio, cutting half of the taskbar and hiding the top window buttons.

I've attempted many things, from changing the scaling(which has always been 100% and never been changed), updating the video card drivers, messing around with the TV's settings, rebooting many times, yet nothing seems to work.

With the duplicated displays option, strangely enough, it works just fine, yet the extended display now always makes the TV monitor display a terrible image while the laptop's monitor is just fine.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom