USB devices are overheating on Win10

E

EmilP_1

Hello,

I have quite big issue for longer time with:

1) my USB devices

2) card readers (interrupted after eg 10 seconds of work)

about 1)

The thing is that on the same computer I have also Ubuntu and these devices work perfectly. No overheating. No interruptions.

Always, without exceptions issue is on Win10. I use USB 3.0, 3.1 and Thunderbolt devices. All of them have issue on Win10 unfortunately. In the past was much better (only it was slowing down eg copying file from / to) but recently it overheating is so intense that it slows their work that it hangs - after that I can't do anything except killing the process.

Currently in my laptop I have 3 SSD drives: Crucial_CT512MX, Crucial750MX, Samsung SSD 970 Pro (card slot)

When eg I try to connect Seagate Lacie 2TB (I used it before in Win10 and it worked) it hangs, on Ubuntu no issues.

Or USB pendrive 512GB Supersonic Magnum2, the issue with overheating was all the time but it worked to copy something even it was slow in case of larger files. Now it is really slow and also hangs. In Device Manager there are no conflicts with drives / USB.

In general I worry that overheating will damage in the end the pendrive or the Lacie ssd drive because the overheating is really strong.

2) card reader during copying files disconnects after few seconds of work. I checked many card readers, better and worse, some of them worked a bit better, copying was more stable but issue always existed even in my second laptop

Can you help me to investigate this ?

regards

Emil

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom