802.1x authentication issue after computer resume from sleep mode post upgrade to 1909 OS

T

Tilehurst00

Hi Folks,

I've seen several threads active on this on Internet but couldn't find a working solution amidst all of them.

I've a ticket open with Microsoft to troubleshoot this issue but thought to ask this here because there is lot less response/action on the case we are working with MS.

we have WPA2-Enterprise/802.1x network auth in our environment. After computer resume from sleep mode, the machine won't respond to the EAP request from Switch. We have started noticing this issue post upgrade to OS 1909. all our machines on 1809 are still authenticationg OK. it's just the 1909 machines which when put to sleep mode and wake up won't auth

here is the wireshark snip where switch send the EAP request asking for identity and there is no response from machine.

175 105.717173 Cisco_c2:xx:xx Nearest-non-TPMR-bridge EAP 60 Request, Identity
265 115.990242 Cisco_c2:xx:xx Nearest-non-TPMR-bridge EAP 60 Request, Identity
277 126.255543 Cisco_c2:xx:xx Nearest-non-TPMR-bridge EAP 60 Failure

We have matched the sleep settings are same on 1809 and 1909 build and using the same NIC, same version and everything(even tinyest of detail)

powercfg.exe state = S3

NIC = DriverVersion : 12.17.8.7

DriverDescription : Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (4) I219-LM

FullDuplex : True

DeviceWakeUpEnable : False

There are no logs generated under Application and services logs > Microsoft > Windows > Wired-AutoConfig after computer resume from sleep mode. Not even failure because like I said machine won't respond to EAP request and thus auth flows do not start itself.

Wired-AutoConfig service status is

Name : dot3svc

RequiredServices : {RpcSs, Eaphost, Ndisuio}

CanPauseAndContinue : False

CanShutdown : True

CanStop : True

DisplayName : Wired AutoConfig

DependentServices : {}

MachineName : .

ServiceName : dot3svc

ServicesDependedOn : {RpcSs, Eaphost, Ndisuio}

ServiceHandle : SafeServiceHandle

ServiceType : Win32OwnProcess, Win32ShareProcess

StartType : Automatic

Site :

Container :

almost all the discussion on Internet are after upgrade to 1903. because we have jumped from 1809 to 1909, we are marking it as post 1909 issue

Microsoft support call:

REG:120091821001028

Please share anything you can :)

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom