Weird behaviour - flickering cursor, incorrectly responding keyboard, nvidia recording turning on randomly

C

C.Easwtwood

Hi! Today an issue has began to emerge with my computer which I'm not sure how to fix, or how to diagnose. The symptoms are slow responsive and unresponsive programs, unresponsive task bar, visual issues such as flickering cursor, keyboard responding with incorrect keys or key combinations, some keys acting as if they are held down when they are not, unprompted possibly random key combinations (such as Alt+F8, Alt+F9, possibly others). On one occasion I tried searching up "Control Panel" in the windows search bar and typing that resulted only in my typing "óó" (I do not know what other buttons need to be pressed to type this on a standard UK layout keyboard).

A fortunate symptom of this issue is that it turns on my Nvidia Shadowplay recording software, so I do have footage of this issue playing out. A link to this footage can be found here. I apologise for the pixilation but I've done this to protect the privacy of myself and my peers, and the sound is also removed for the same reasons.

I feel these issues may be linked to either Microsoft Teams, Nvidia Broadcast, or the latest Nvidia driver (as of 22/9/20) as these are the latest changes my computer has undergone (driver updates and new programs) outside of standard automated updates.

An additional idea I have as to what might have caused this is Windows 10's "Connect" feature as these issues cropped up first when I tried connecting my desktop and Surface Pro earlier today (unsuccessfully, resulting in crippling lag, visual problems, and unresponsive menus much like in the video, only resolving upon restarting my desktop).

Hopefully someone might be able to diagnose my issue from these symptoms

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom