Win 10 Home to 10 Pro upgrade for my company

D

David Miller ABC

Once upon a time, we had employees buy their own laptops and were reimbursed. Now we have a centralized IT help group. We are a O365/Azure shop now. All the machines had Win 10, but everyone bought Win 10 Home and not Win 10 Pro. All the Win 10 Home licenses were retail OEM licenses.

We need to upgrade all of these machine (about 30 of them) to Windows 10 Pro so, among other reasons, we can join them to the Azure AD. We want the company to pay for the upgrade and want our IT folks to apply it. We want to do this with the least impact on the end users.

I see 10 Home --> 10 Pro upgrade paths, but it seems like the end user has to create a PERSONAL Microsoft account (i.e. cannot use the Azure-related domain), enter a credit card, and upgrade that way. We have a single company credit card our IT people could use to pay for the upgrade, but the credit card information is saved to the PERSONAL Microsoft account -- and the accounting team isn't happy about that.

I have to think there is a better way. I know we can't be the only organization out there with this issue. Can't I just buy 30 Won 10 Pro licenses and use those serial numbers to upgrade the Win 10 Home machines to Win 10 Pro?

Help?

Thanks,

David

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom