Windows Updates

B

briana5

For the life of me, I don't understand why Microsoft is not liable for repair costs when a "forced" update breaks someones computer. If the updates were optional, that would be one thing, but they are not. I wonder how many hours of wasted productivity are the results of forced updates. I would guess it is millions of dollars every year. Time is money Microsoft! Updates break software - time and effort to re-install, updates that make hardware obsolete - make you buy a new printer or whatever. I know the sales pitch, updated features, security patches, etc. Honestly, some of your so-called updated features in my perspective are not features but hindrances.

Also, today an Edge update rendered my computer useless until I setup edge - which I don't use. I did the bare minimum to get it off my screen, lost productivity time for what, Edge? Really? Time is money Microsoft, stop wasting mine. I really needed Edge to be updated and use more of my SSD (I am being sarcastic).

Are you ever going to let us choose the option of updates? You have the 80% of people who are oblivious to how a computer works, turn auto update on those people, let the 20% that have an idea to choose. I see all kinds of guides and troubleshooting wizards that are offered. I have been using windows since 95 and have yet to see a Microsoft troubleshooting wizard actually resolve a problem.

I ask you, can you let us control are own computer?

Continue reading...