w10 2004 build, very sporadic connectivity issues

L

LKG01A.

greetings,

to start, i will detail my current hardware. ryzen 7 3800x, asus prime x-570 pro, 128gb ddr4 ram, asus rtx 2060 super 8gb, tp-link gigabit pci-e network adapter (model TG-3468). my ethernet network consists of cat 7 copper flat cables, the switch is a netgear gs305-300pes and my adsl model/router is a netgear DGND3300v2. my antivirus software is kaspersky internet security 20.0.14.1085(l) and not using any vpn.

the issue i m experiencing here is connection will randomly drop, getting me loged out of games and i have issues loading even web pages. have to hit F5 3 to 10 times just to get the page to load.

in a nutshell, the network icon always tells me i have lan connectivity. i ve used the troubleshooting network connection issues tool and keeps telling me there are no issues. i ve tried ip releasing/renewal, dns flush, stack rebuild, checking drivers are upto date, been looking into the registry and group policy and selected prefer ipv4 over ipv6 and the issue persists.

now the interesting thing is when i was on 7 ultimate with my i7-920, asus P6T se, 12gb ddr3, 750gtx, i had no connectivity issues like this, till i installed 10 when support for w7 ended and thats basicly when hell broke loose with my connectivity. it was doing the same thing on that hardware configuration making me wonder if its not a problem with w10 because i ve changed my whole network (cables+ switch+ modem/router). its been doing it with build 1903 (after a certain uninstallable security patch i cant remember the kb code of), 1909 and 2004.

i m at a loss on what to do next, any sugestions are welcommed at this point

ps: forgot to meantion i disaibled power management on the network adapter.

Continue reading...