Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter Issues

T

tuck229

I recently purchased a new Go 2. It was having issues with wifi connection, so I returned it for a refund. I am not buying another unless a concrete solution for the Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A problem is found. Here's the deal:

A lot of times, the device would connect and stay connected to a wifi signal with no issue. However, other times it either could not see a signal at all, or it was connected but without internet. This is when other devices--including a cheap phone--were in the same room and had no problem seeing and staying connected to the wifi signal. SurfaceBook, Surface Pro, Macbook, Chromebook, cheap cell phones--everything else could connect without issue. The issue is specific to the Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter, although I don't know if it is a driver/configuration issue or if it is just cheap hardware.

Note that I was experiencing the worst problems in a building where I was connecting to a 2.4GHz signal. Again, all other devices were not experiencing any issue, and all were running some different type of wireless adapter. In other parts of the building, the device would connect just fine. From a non-techie standpoint, it's like this Qualcomm Atheros adapter is just "weaker" than every other device, like a cheap pair of rabbit ears on a TV versus a large antenna.

Yes, I made sure to have the most recent Windows update. Yes, I tried a different Surface Go and had the exact same issue with it. As stated, either the wireless adapter itself is just junk or Windows is not letting the hardware work properly for whatever reason. Either way, n 2020 any device should connect to the internet with no issues.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom