Not enough space on C: drive for Office 365

C

Cricman47

About 2 years ago I bought a PC with a 4Tb hard drive. I used W10 Disk management to separate the OS (C:\ drive) from other data drives and also set up A:\ drive for apps and programs. W10 appeared to be taking up about 32Gb so I set the C: drive at 120Gb. Disk Management set the Operating system and related features as Disk 0 and all other drives as Disk 1.

With updates and bloat, plus a couple of programs that will not install on A: drive I now have only 4Gb left on C: drive. I have run clean up and optimisation services but to little effect. This is beginning to affect the speed of the PC. I have plenty of space left on other drives.

I am currently running Office 2010 and I am interested in obtaining Office (now Microsoft) 365. However, I understand this will only install on C: drive where there is insufficient space. Is it possible to use a different drive for the installation of M365?

Disk Management will not allow me to increase the size of C: drive or Disk 0. I have investigated free partition management software but this also does not appear to offer a solution.

Has Microsoft, in its Wisdom, created a Disk Management option in W10 that prevents any increase in the size of drive C: and then insisted that its new flagship software must be installed on that drive. If so, this is preventing me (and others) from using Microsoft 365 and I may be forced to look at Google suite or others that avoid this restriction.

Can anyone suggest a simple solution?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom