Windows 10 update Sept 2020 has caused many problems !!!!!

N

noopy666

Hi, windows 10 update on 7th Sept 2020 to OS build 19041.508 Version 2004 has caused many problems with my PC.

1/ I log onto Windows account when starting PC, but then during use it prompts that I am not logged in the the account and I have to go through the FIX option, this also shows up when I try to use any Office 2016 product I have, at the top of the program is my account name with a yellow exclamation mark, when I click onto it it states there is an account error and to fix it I need to sign in again, when I do sign in again the error disappears until next time I use the PC.

2/ I always use One Drive and it never prompted me to log in but every time I start the PC an error message says One Drive is not logged in and I have to enter the password, which is the same as the microsoft account, even if I log into my Microsoft account the One Drive still states it is not logged in, I thought these were linked? Onjce I log into One Drive it stays logged in until next time i Start the PC and off we go again.

3/ I use Outlook 2016, with 10 email accounts which are all set up to log in when I start Outlook, this was working fine until this update, now it prompts me for the password for ALL my emails every time I start Outlook. What I have found out that the passwords must be saved somewhere, when I start Outlook and the first password prompt comes up I just close Outlook, then start it again, if I do this many times eventually Outlook starts and logs into all my emails and retrieves them, this works from then on till I close Outlook, very frustrating as I always have to do this more than 10 times to get Outlook to open properly.

4/ I use Google Chrome browser and it used to save my cookies until I delete them, but now it stores none of them, every program asks me to accept their cookies, this never happened before the MS update.

5/ just this morning I was using Windows and ALL the items I had PINNED to the taskbar disappeared, now this is getting to be a right pain......

Anybody with similar problems with this Windows update, or can anybody suggest a fix to my issues, which seem to get worse the more I use this PC. My Laptop is not on this release of Windows and i dont have any of these issues

thanks

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom