IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD and Random Restarts

A

AlecCharbonneau

Howdy folks,

Over the past few weeks my computer has started experiencing pretty constant BSODs/random restarts. They usually happen while playing World of Warcraft, but I've had a few just off the desktop. All typically happen after 30 mins to 1 hour of use. The crashes usually happen every other day, but recently have become daily.

I've done a full reinstall of windows, tried updating drivers, stress testing hardware, uninstalling/reinstalling drivers, etc. and no luck so far. I've run the driver verifier (which as I understand may not actually correctly diagnose what's wrong?), chkdsk, memtest86, and the built in windows 10 memory diagnose tool. All have come up clear so far. Most recently I've tried testing out one stick of ram at a time. Both crashed within 5 minutes. Once I put both sticks in, the computer seems more stable but I am expecting it to crash at any time.

So far I've been unable to diagnose what's actually causing the issue. Temperatures have been normal so I don't think that's an issue. WhoCrashed points to ntoskrnl.exe with an IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error and google has been less than helpful in regards to that error.

After every random restart, the event viewer prints an error that says "A fatal hardware error has occurred. Reported by component: Processor core."

Any help is greatly appreciated. Specs + Dump files below:

Dumps: Dumps 1.rar

Specs: System Builder

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19041)

Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core Processor

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16

Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive

GPU: GeForce RTX 2070 Super

PSU: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom