Windows10 VPN using IPSEC/IKEv2 won't connect

I

IsmoM

I have set up a VPN server using IPSEC/IKEv2. Certificates are used for authentication, both for the server and a client.

VPN connection works great with a third party VPN client (Greenbow) but native Windows VPN client won't even try to connect.

Trying to open VPN connection (Start -> VPN settings -> [select VPN] -> Connect) results just a dialog "Verifying your sign-in info" which terminates with message "The context has expired and can no longer be used". Wireshark shows no traffic related to the connection excluding a DNS query.

Certificate chain and a user certificate are installed in 'Local Computer' certificate storage. I don't really understand which "sign-in info" is being verified. I have also tried to set up the connection with power shell, but that wouldn't help either:

Add-VpnConnection -Name "MyVPN" -ServerAddress "vpn.acme.com" -AuthenticationMethod "MachineCertificate" -EncryptionLevel "Required" -TunnelType "IKEv2"

System info:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

How to fix this? I would really like to use VPN client included in Windows10 if only it wasn't broken.

-Ismo

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom