I need some help with updates, please!

L

LexiKate

I'm currently trying to download something to my laptop, but whenever I try to do so, it tells me that "It's time to update your device" and gives me the option to either "Got to Microsoft Store" or "Update now".

If I try to go to the store, it tells me to select an app to open this with, the only option to which is to look for an app in the store, which then only goes on to search the store for "Store", which of course returns nothing.

If I select to "Update now" it takes me to the "Windows Update" page in Settings. Once there, I have tried to check for updates, which returned nothing. The only other option is to download and install the "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909" which I do not want to do because it has downloaded this update to my laptop several times before, and every single time it has broken the sound features on my laptop, and absolutely no sound whatsoever will play from anything I try, and it tells me that no audio input is detected (or words to that effect). The only way I or the Microsoft Advisers I have spoken to before have been able to fix this is to reverse the update and go back to a previous version. So as you can see, this update will not solve my problems.

What are my options here?

Continue reading...