Can't reset clock in Windows 10

R

RJW00

I've tried every scenario I've been able to find online to set the clock on my win 10 64 bit PC and nothing works. I've tried edits to the clock, command line commands, but the time on my win 10 system is always 28 seconds fast. This causes a real problem when my security cameras resync with the computers. I run a win 7 system and a win 10 system for the cameras. The clock on the win 7 is always right on, the win 10, 28 seconds fast and I can't get the time to resync. I keep getting an error "The computer did not resync because no time data was available." When I do the "w32tm /resync" in the command prompt, it says "Sending resync command to local computer." There is no local computer. I never set up a home group with it. It isn't tied to any of my other computers of which there are 3, all running win 7 with no home group or local network ties. If I need to transfer files I use Teamviewer. Here are just a few of the methods I tried, (listed below), using Administrative privileges where necessary. This is getting to be a royal pain in the butt. Just another reason I'm not fussy about switching to win 10. I added a win 10 PC only because I needed to learn it but as far as I'm concerned, it is nowhere near as good as win 7 and before you say it, I know windows 7 support has ended. I'll take my chances. I'm not looking for win 7 help. The problem is with the Windows 10 64 bit system. There are a few glitches on the win 10 system but I'm learning to deal with them one thing at a time. For the last 2 weeks the focus has been on the clock, because of the importance of the security cameras, the clock is the main concern right now

Can you figure this mess out? I'm at my wits end here

I appreciate any help you can give and will follow any suggestions that are reasonable and within my ability.

Thank You in advance.

Method 1:

Follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Press Windows key + r and type services.msc and press enter.
  2. Right click on Windows Time and select properties to check the status of the service.
  3. Restart the Windows Time service.
  4. Click on OK.
  5. Restart the computer

Method 2:

a. Click on clock and select “Change date and time settings”.

b. Click on the “Internet Time” tab.

c. Check if it is set to “synchronize the time with time.windows.com”

d. If the option is selected, click on change settings to check the option “Synchronize with an Internet Time server”

e. Click on OK.

Method 3:

Follow the steps mentioned below.

Press Windows key + X and select Command prompt(Admin).

Type each one of the command below and press enter.

net stop w32time

w32tm /unregister

w32tm /register

net start w32time

w32tm /resync

Restart the computer to test the issue again.

Continue reading...