Microsoft Photos installation Code: 0x80070005 error

L

L_J7

I don't even know where to begin.

So, I noticed a couple of days ago that Adobe After Effects wasn't opening on my laptop. I ignored it for a while thinking it would fix itself. It did not. I updated Windows but that didn't fix the problem. I googled it and after some searching I found out that Windows Defender had blocked After Effects for whatever reason. I resolved the issue by manually allowing it through Defender. Everything's good now, right? No.

Yesterday I was trying to open Windows Photos and it wouldn't open. A window would come up quick then vanish immediately. I left it alone for a while hoping it would fix itself (notice a pattern?). It did not. I went to the Defender like before to see if Photos had also somehow gotten blocked. It hadn't. I googled it and tried a bunch of suggestions (I've tried so many I can't even remember them all). At some point the app just stopped opening at all (no pop up and vanish). I realized it had uninstalled. Which is weird because I thought it was one of those preinstalled apps that can't be removed but alright I guess. I could still search it up through the windows search bar but it wouldn't open. When I went to the Microsoft Store it said "you own this app" but it also had an install button so I pressed it. It downloaded to like 95% then said error. I checked the details and it said Code: 0x80070005.

I've googled the problem up and down and it seems that this is actually a very common problem amongst a lot of users. I've done EVERYTHING that people have suggested but nothing has worked.

Here's a list of the stuff I can remember doing, none of which have worked (I tried almost everything):

• Any and everything to do with Windows Powershell
  • CMD check, scan and restore health
  • CMD sfc/scannow
  • Checking for malware
  • Troubleshooting literally everything
  • Going to the "Local" folder and giving access to "Everyone"
  • Going to Defender and adding the Host Process for Windows Services program
  • Probably anything else you can think of

At some point the name for Photos even changed for some reason. Now, when I look for Photos in the windows search bar it says ms-resource:AppFriendlyName. The only thing that has worked is creating a new user and downloading Photos from there but I want to be able to use it from my main account/user again. I've had this laptop for almost a year and this has never happened. Is there anything else I can do?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom