Computer BSODs Very Often

E

EJ__

Guys, I've been tearing my hair out for the past month trying to figure out what is wrong with my computer and I am running out of ideas, I saw someone post something similar here almost 10 years ago and they got helpful responses, so here I am.

I'll start with the specs of my computer.

CPU - Ryzen 5 1700x @ Stock (3.4GHz)

Cooler - Cryorig M9a

GPU - EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 @ Stock (No OC)

Motherboard - Gigabyte Aorus B450 M

RAM - 32GB DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3200MHz (XMP in BIOS)

Storage 1 w/ OS - 250GB Corsair Force MP500 M.2 NVMe SSD

Storage 2 w/ Games - 1TB Western Digital M.2 SATA SSD

Storage 3 w/ Everything else - 3TB Seagate Barracude (2TB NTFS)

PSU - EVGA Supernova G2 650W 80+ Gold

Case - Fractal Design Meshify C Mini

So what's wrong with it?

Well, I noticed it all probably about a month or 2 ago when I started messing around with overclocking my components. I messed around with everything, I was able to get a stable GPU OC but my processor failed the silicone lottery by a long shot and I couldn't OC it AT ALL without it crashing, so that stayed stock. Somewhere between then and now, something went wrong and I've been experiencing BSODs pretty much randomly but often and it's very frustrating.

It happens mostly while gaming, but only while playing certain games, I am able to play Modern Warfare for an indefinite amount of time without any problems, but recently I started playing the new horror game, Phasmaphobia and I crash every single time I play, I am lucky to get an hour without a BSOD.

Finally decided to try and diagnose it and here are all the things I have tried.

-Practically rebuilt my whole PC, took everything out, cleaned it all out, re applied thermal paste, dusted, reseated everything back into proper position.

-Completely wiped my computer, all drives, and windows, and reinstalled W10 onto my computer and started 100% fresh.

-Took off ALL OCs on every component, including my XMP profile for my ram, which brought it down to 2133MHz from 3200MHz.

-AFAIK, all my drivers are completely up to date, updated my BIOS to the most recent version, GPU drivers are up to date.

-Virus scan picks up nothing (Windows Defender), seeing that I just recently installed Windows again, I can't imagine it's a virus.

-Ran the CMD disk scan and repaired all Windows file just in case of corruption and was told every time that everything was working fine.

What's SUPER weird, is I was even able to run multiple stress tests on my GPU and it never crashed. Yet once I start actually playing a game, I crash.

Using BlueScreenView, I was able to locate what seems to be causing my BSODs, so here is what I have discovered, but I don't quite understand how to diagnose it.

My BSOD string is SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

The 3 files that are causing the crash are 'fileinfo.sys', 'Ntfs.sys', and 'ntoskrnl.exe'.

So yeah, I an on the brink of actual insanity, been dodging around BSODs on this computer for a 2 months now, and I just want it to work properly again.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom