RCA (older) Soundbar- with Wireless Technology - Can connect to device but am getting no sound (Below is what I have tried - kindly assist _ am stumpe

• Thread starter Noelle Cardello (TeknoDiva)
  • Start date
N

Noelle Cardello (TeknoDiva)

Hi All,

I could really use some insigth from a speacliast with Bluetooth/audio tech background. I am an IT Business Analyst (the past 25 years), so I know how to troubleshoot, and I am stumped on this issue. I must admit that my knowledge base is growing but when it comes to Audio/video and sound- my knowledge is limited compared to you other experts.

RCA SOUNDBAR RTS70108 (orB) INFO:

I have had this device for a while (about 10 years or so), it's a mid-grade RCA soundbar Model RTS70108 (or B). It had been working up to this last year, and I don't know what the heck is going on. I have had the device connected via Bluetooth, successfully in the past. I am using Music Bee to manage my Audio Library (and I love it) - the data is stored on my My Book T3 External HD.

TROUBLESHOOTING PEFORMED:
I checked my device drivers and went online t make sure I had to most current version of the bluetooth drive(s) required, and I do.

It is sucessfully connected using Window's tool set to configure and onboard. The status shows as 'Bluetooth Connected Music" - Note the ICON does not say 'Soundbar" or anything that would make it specifically recognizable as associated to this device, but rest assured, through testing and using it form the last 3 years on this PC, it IS the proper device associated to my RCA Soundbar - It's Under AUDIO>Bluetooth>Connected Music.

I can't find anything on MusicBee's support site, but in my mind, I don't see why the application would have anything to do with this problem. (Might be wrong, but I don't think so...)

I've tried selecting each of the 3 different options for sound output in windows (snip below - One AMD High Def Audio Device/One HeadPhone device and one Speaker Headphone Combo by Realtek Audio. The headphones work, the sound is coming out of my PC using Realtek - I'd think the AMD Device would be the proper device to use here, but, alas, the sound doesn't come out of the bar when I select it.

MY PC and SETUP:
I keep my PC clean, it's an HP ENVY x 360 Convertable, I store all of my data in a My book T3 off line drive, although I have a ton of applications, my C drive is 919GBs and I have 798GB free, my T3 drive is busting at the seams with Videos movies and my Music Lirary and anything I can off load on there to improve performance.)

WINDOWS 10 PRO - CURRENT VERSION INFO:
I have attached a few visual screen snips to show my setup in Windows 10 pro. Please note, I have not upgraded to the new Windows version only becasue I know it's smart to wait a bit until bugs are worked out. I am talking about the Feature Update to WIndows 10 - 2004. Maybe I am being a little paraniod, I just have my PC set up to where I want it, it's solid - Any suggestions on this would also be welcomed).

MISC:

All of my other sftware versions and drivers are current - I just updated my BIOS and Video driver(s) yesterday.

ANY SUGGESTIONS? I am frustrated, everthing should be working.

THANKS SO MUCH!

54bf6edd-2500-40d2-9f66-590941440c39?upload=true.png

b8daf8ab-b5b2-41aa-a7d6-b8be4dd3125f?upload=true.png

f2ad1707-27c6-4dd4-b5a5-703757814b9a?upload=true.png

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom