Events 1001, 4101, 12, 65

M

Munny Man

Hello All,

All of this started after several high electrical storms that abrupted the power. I do have my computer on a strip but it isn't a battery backup or surge protector and the issue didn't happen immediately, it happened maybe the following weeks and got worse after switching to a 1440p monitor. Recently my computer started malfunctioning while playing video games. My audio and gfx lock up and my system freezes to a black screen, forcing a restart. After trying a fix this community suggested which was changing a registry value of TLD delay, it now recovers but black pixels started to flit all over the screen so a restart is always required. So now the driver and card's connectivity is recovering but the failure is still happening. I started with driver issues from there and moved on and so far I have it narrowed down to a series of events happening in event viewer.

It seems as though the 4101 event is my crashed AMDKMDAP which is why I started looking into driver issues. I noticed around this event that several other events happened before and after it and that is why I am coming to the community. I think the events are connected to some sort of communication error between components which is where all the other events come in. It doesn't consistently have this problem either. Some days I can game for hours and never have a problem or I wake up on a weekend to play, then it will randomly happen. I'm on the correct GFX drivers(recently clean reinstalled them), current bios, and CPU drivers, always current on windows updates.

MY QUESTION IS: What exactly is going on here? Is this a power issue? Is this a GFX card malfunction or a GFX Driver Malfunction? Or is there something even worse going on here AND what can I do about this?

I tried several times to get a crash dump of the events but my system kept failing to create one until this last event. As of writing this, I don't see an attachment option so here is a drive link:  memorydump.text

All Event ID's surrounding AMDKDAP: 161, 141, 41, 6008, 10016, 12, 65, 10023 always preceded 2140, 1001

--Specs--

Mobo- X570 UD
System Type- x64-based
Processor- AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor, 3593 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
Ram- 16 gb T-Force Delta R
GFX- AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom