I must replace the main HDD because of a crash. I am forced to use a flash drive to use Windows ISO because my DVD burners quit working recently. I've

J

jeffb_924

The DVD burners are Life's Good products, in new condition. Specifically, M-Disc LG GH24HNSC0B 24X Internal DVD Rewritable Drives.

The manufacturer assures me there is no firmware physically in the drive. They are reported to be plug and play compatible.

I personally installed one drive and it worked like a charm sometime last year.

On 06/06/2020 I had my PC in the shop for some service and requested they install a second drive of the same make and model.

Since they serviced my PC, the optical disc drives started fouling up.

Then my HDD, Drive C:\ crashed. Now that neither optical disc drive works, I can't use my old Windows ISO disc to reinstall windows.

If I use Microsoft's utility to reinstall Windows 10, they will force me to use the latest release of Windows 10 Pro.

I don't want that. Why? Because the same day the service people installed the second device they ran Windows Security/Update, and that was the beginning of a world of chaos.

I need some advice.

I want to install the last version that was working and life was good and avoid possible pitfalls with the latest release. I have my means and a way.

I have since learned how to stop updates on installed devices to avoid this kind of event again.

Does anyone see fault in my logic?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom