Why is fresh windows installation on a new custom built motherboard forcing me to login with an organisation?

M

murgiun

Hello,

I am trying to do a fresh install of windows pro, i got a license key, i called and validated with microsoft support that the license key is not binded to any organization, and it is valid.

I orderd my custom PC from a German retailer, they had the option to install windows for me, but i said to ship it without any OS so i can install windows with my own license

I created a USB with windows, using the media maker. I was able to boot into windows and install it.

After installation it requires login, in the login page it shows this:

81be829a-1f85-44d6-aea4-d2fb27401655?upload=true.png

My email is registered with microsoft for an account, i have validated that. But they keep asking for my STC login.

Why is it asking me for STC login? (this company has no relation to me) .. my guess is that my retailer who sold me the custom built PC left some information in the motherboard/SSD that assigns this computer to that company, how do i fix it?

After typing in systeminfo in the command line, i get (removed irrelevant parts):

Host Name: STC-FIILLEDBYOEM

Logon Server: \\STC-FILLEDBYOEM

If i go to BIOS > System Status > DMI Information:

It shows:

System information:

Serial number: To be filled by O.E.M

SKU Number: To be filled by O.E.M

Family: To be filled by O.E.M

Chasis Information:

Serial Number: To be filled by O.E.M

Asset Tag: To be filled by O.E.M

^^Those are the only parts that kind of stand out in the BIOS settings, everything else seems to be in order.

Why is this happening? How can i stop the OEM from filling this?

How do i configure this so that i can finish installing windows on my personal computer

Thanks.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom