Onedrive is stupid, tried to delete everything on my computer and has a terrible service.

C

CaseyHartley

So, long story short, i only use Onedrive to backup everything on my computer. I unchecked every options in "Choose Folder" in "Files on-demand" and it has been backing up fine since then. Then on today, it suddenly starts marking all options in File on-demand and downloading everything i have on my Onedrive into my computer, and when i try to stop it by unchecking them all, it keeps saying that "Sorry, cannot stop syncing right now" or "This file is important so it can't be stopped". So i killed the Onedrive service, delete the Onedrive folder, and for some reason, it suddenly started deleting my whole hard drive. I managed to stop mid-way, but the damage was already done.

Thank God that i had large portion of those files backed up to Google already, so i didn't lose everything, but this will be the last time i'll have that sh*t on my computer and probably stick to uploading through browser, which it consistently crashing it whenever i try to upload something that's over 50GB.

Continue reading...