Computer randomly restarts without warning.

T

TylerSamuels1

My computer restarts unexpectedly every few minutes. If I don't manage to force shutdown by holding down my desktop power button, then it will go into a loop where it starts up, attempts an automatic repair, blackscreens while the tower is still running(all peripherals disconnect it seems), and then restarts again, failing to repair. The loop ends when I hit a blue screen that lets me choose advanced options. I'm relatively certain that this is not a hardware issue, since I've check my RAM and run Windows Memory tests, and SMART tested my SSD. I monitor my computer temperature and nothing is overheating so I'm left to believe that it's a software issue. I reset Windows, but issues persisted. I asked for assistance and ran an SFC scan and DISM scan in safemode, but nothing there. I was told the issue might be McAfee, so I cleaned up all the leftover files from my old install then reinstalled and used Absolute Uninstaller to try and fully remove it, then went through the registry deleting things associated with McAfee. Unless I accidentally deleted some subkey with "mcafee" in it when I needed to delete the whole folder, I should be rid of mcafee, but it didn't help.

I'll drop a link to my system eventlog below if that will help. I'm not familiar with the log at all, but I noticed that immediately before most critical errors, there was an event that said something about npsvctrigsys and filecrypt. No clue if that helps, but I figured it was worth pointing out.

Continue reading...