Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64 on a system with 4 CPU's

I

ImanMirbloki

Hi!

I know that Win10Pro only supports 2 CPU's - however, I managed to install it on a Dell PowerEdge R815, with 4 AMD Opteron CPU's, with 16 cores each.

In the System information, it says that the system only have 2 CPU's, and only 32 cores are detected - however, in Device Manager, all 4 CPU's and all 64 cores are detected.

So - my questions are:

1. Is there ANY way to make Windows 10 Pro to recognize all 4 CPU's? (I do a lot of video-rendering work)

2. Windows Server Standard 2016 detects all 4 CPU's and cores and runs very smooth - but I'm having problem with enabling 3D acceleration and detection of my GPU's. (Two GTX1050 and Two Tesla units, with external power).

Is there ANY way to make Windows Server to run and behave like Windows 10, so I can go ahead and do my job?

Otherwise, I've spent a lot of money on a license for the Server edition and have to switch to Ubuntu Linux - which works flawless, detecting all CPU/Cores/GPU's/Tesla's.

I would really like to remind as Microsoft customer - but limiting hardware is really getting me on my nerves - so if there's any solution, then please help me stay a Microsoft customer - before I delete the partitions and install Ubuntu Linux.

I would be really thankful for any kind of help.

(I have actually 8 servers with the same setup - and if you can help me out, then you've got a customer that's going to buy 7 more licenses - instead of using Ubuntu for free - and also - if possible, I would like to use Windows Server as primary OS, instead of Windows 10, due to more functions - I just need the graphics to work.)

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom