External Monitor Display is Cut Off on All Edges

P

pob10686

I have extended my Surface Windows 10 display to an external HD TV monitor but all 4 edges are cut off as if a picture was too big for its frame. My mouse can go off screen to these hidden edges but this is a major inconvenience not being able to maximize windows properly and therefore having to resize every window every time. Here is a screenshot with zero cropping so this is exactly as it shows on the TV. As you can see, the bottom toolbar & start menu are cutoff, icons on the left & top are cutoff, and it's the same thing on the right edge.

2066e3d8-094b-4aa6-a0ab-693dec28a1d4?upload=true.jpg

Troubleshooting I've tried:

* Different display resolutions even though 1920x1080 @60Hz is recommended by the TV (says it when I turn TV on) and Windows knows 1920x1080 is recommended (as you can see in the screen shot).

* Advanced scaling settings but only 100-500% are allowed and none works.

* Mirroring displays but same result (just TV)

* Showing just TV option where surface screen turns off

* Unplugging & replugging HDMI cable. Tried completely different HDMI cable & different HDMI input on TV.

* advanced display settings, updating driver, updating windows. Windows claims everything is updated and working.

45f384ff-258f-429c-aa71-f3c9b7328cc6?upload=true.jpg

I've honestly tried everything I could think of. I really need assistance with this so thank you in advance if you can help solve this. Thanks!!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom