Is there a way to dual boot Windows 7 and Windows 10 without creating any sort of installation media like a disc or a USB drive?

C

CrossedLemur

Hello, I have Windows 7 installed on my computer and though it is time for me to upgrade, I do not want to let go of it just yet so I’ve been planning to set up a dual boot with Windows 7 and Windows 10. However, everywhere I check to see how to do this, they all involve making an installation disc, restarting the computer, and booting off of the disc. I do not have any blank discs to do this with, nor do I have any discs that I can format to do this. So is there a way to do this without any discs or USB flash drives or anything of the sort? I currently have a dual boot with Ubuntu, but I never use it so I was planning to delete that partition and install Windows 10 instead. I installed Ubuntu without making any sort of installation disc using a thing called Unetbootin which is a tool for making USBs but it also lets you put the ISO file in it and a Unetbootin option will show up when you boot up Windows (the screen that lets you choose Windows 7 or System restore) and clicking on it allows you to work with that, and I was thinking about using that but checking on their page and information about it, it is only for Linux distributions. I still think that it might work so can anyone test this maybe and see if it does work? Thanks in advance.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom