Deleted all permissions for a file and now unable to delete file

O

our_man

Hi all,

I recently ran into some issues with google chrome not working correctly and had to do a rather complicated uninstall. One of the suggestions involved deleting all users with permission to access chrome in the security settings. I tried a few other things too and I'm not sure precisely what worked but I managed to uninstall google chrome and reinstall it successfully again as you can see from the icon in my screenshot. The problem is however I have been left with the old google desktop icon as a blank page icon that I cannot delete. I have tried going back into security settings and granting myself access again (see screenshot). I go into change, click find now and select administrator. I then go back to the screen below where the owner is now displayed as me, the administrator, and the message below it has changed to say ''you do not have permission to view this object's security properties, even as an administrative user. To try taking ownership of an object, which included permission to view its properties, click Change above." Why on Earth is it telling me to do what I've just done again!? I go in and repeat the process and it makes no difference. I would greatly appreciate any help - unfortunately performing a system restore is not an option and I have already tried to delete it in safe mode.5fd5cbff-1044-40fa-b834-b9b6ea8f8f8c?upload=true.jpg

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom