how could this happen? Who or what can cause this type of change when I did not do it? right after asking a question here?

G

gmt3010

this is a problem here.

I asked a question in the community forum of Microsoft. It was about how to keep the wi fi signal from being broadcast publically, as we see the list of all people in the areas wi fi connections.

I didn't change any settings. I think I have them as secure as one can have it, and I have antivirus etc.

But after jtwo very -- how should I say? -- unfriendly people were sarcastic and abusive in answering, i see settings changed SPECIFICALLY regarding the broadcasting when I accidently clicked on it. I always ujse this hard wired but do have the wi fi on so I can use the wireless printer.

My old notebook also is totally wi fi

But under the internet access, when I clickd on it, it pulled up the "ethernet" and other settings AND IT SHOWED THE RADIO BUTTON PRIVATE WAS SELECTED.

I DID NOT DO THAT.

THAT HAS not a thing to do with what the hell is broadcast, but what whkether my computer can communicate with my printer. What it tells me is someone is hjacking into my notebook, and at that, someone who is too stupid to know what is what.

HOW CAN I CHECK THAT? WHAT CAN I DOWNLOAD OR DO THAT WILL TELL ME IF THIS IS THE CASE?

OH, DON'T THINK IT CAN'T HAPPEN. I have an older router, I am going to change that to a better more secure one.

I think the router is the problem, along with some bad Frontier co. employees who have nothing to do.

Please can anyone suggest ways to check? what shoudl i look for in addition to changes I DID NOT MAKE?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom