Windows 10 - Image Thumbnails Not Showing

T

Texas-Raider

I have a Dell XPS 8930 running Windows 10 that is less than 3 months old. So the problem is that it won't display thumbnails. I have a ton of images I have to manipulate and use and keep them in separate folders. But now, for no good reason, this computer won't display the thumbnails, only the icons. It used to work, but not now.

I've gone into folder options and ensured that the box 'Show only icons, never thumbnails' is not checked. I've gone into disc cleanup and deleted temp files, including the thumbnail files, and restarted the computer.. Tried setting the folder back to default setting, tried to reset to original Windows settings, nothing works.

The frustrating thing is, it does show about 3 or 4 thumbnails out of a hundred or so. Which makes no sense because the ones showing are the exact same type of file (jpeg) as the ones NOT showing. Also, strangely, when I am in a folder and use my mouse wheel to quickly scroll up and down while viewing the picture icons, at times an image will very briefly change from icon to thumbnail, but it never stays.

EDIT: I opened one of the folders and switched from large icons to medium icons and a few actually turned into thumbnails, but not many. When I go back to large icons, they pretty much all go back to icon. I went through the display settings but couldn't find anything that changed them.

Have any ideas to help? I can't click thru and look at EVERY image in a folder to find what I need, I really need the thumbnails to work.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom