Laptop not recognizing HDMI connected monitor after update. None of the usual fixes do anything!

C

ClaraHandaya

I have an Asus laptop that I normally have connected to a Samsung monitor through an HDMI cable to use dual displays. It has worked fine for a while and I rarely unplug the HDMI cable. After Windows 10 performed a system update, the laptop no longer recognizes the monitor.

In the display settings, the computer only shows its own display and cannot detect anything else. Restarting the computer doesn't do anything. Checking the projection settings doesn't do anything. Updating the drivers doesn't do anything. Cleaning out the laptop's HDMI port doesn't do anything.

The problem doesn't seem to be the HDMI cable or the monitor, as I have switched them both out but there is still no improvement. The monitor seems to respond to being connected with the laptop, but the laptop doesn't respond to the monitor. I have tried everything I can think of and nothing seems to get the HDMI port to recognize anything. And nothing has happened in recent memory that would lead me to believe the port is physically damaged. I have a feeling it is linked with the system update but I am not entirely sure. Is there anything else I can try?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom