BATTERY for Acer laptop stopped charging after Win 10 update

D

DeloresGauntlett

HOW CAN I FIX -- Thank you.

Ever since my laptop had a Windows 10 update a few months ago, the battery STOPPED charging -- ACER laptop Aspire E-15 --

I was the following suggested fix online re accessing Deice Manager, tried the steps below but instead I am now getting message when mouse is hovered over the battery icon to say:
255% available (plugged in) --
the first message before trying the fix was saying something like --
Plugged in but NOT charging

STEPS I TOOK TO TRY TO FIX:
• Open the Device Manager by searching for it or right-clicking the Start button and selecting Device Manager.
• Click Batteries on the list to expand it and you should see two items: Microsoft AC Adapter and Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.
Screenshot by Matt Elliott/CNET
• Right-click on each item and choose Uninstall device. Yes, you are uninstalling your laptop's battery drivers, but don't worry because they will automatically be reinstalled when you restart your laptop.
• Shut down your laptop.
• Unplug the power cable from your laptop.
• If your laptop has a removable battery, remove it. My Lenovo laptop does not have a removable battery. I tried skipping this step but it didn't work, so I removed the bottom panel of my laptop and then removed the battery by disconnecting it from the motherboard.
• Put the battery back in if you removed it.
• Plug in your laptop.
• Power on your laptop.
• Click the battery icon in the system tray and you should see that your laptop is plugged in and charging.

----------------

AFTER above steps all I get is the "255% available (plugged in)" text when I hover mouse over the battery icon

Please - SOS - Thank you.
Delores

Continue reading...