Lost admin acct, deleted all my files, Lost windows access, only boots to Recovery.

B

Blunt42force0

(This it's my Fiancé's laptop and not mine, so I'm going off of what info I've been able to get online & the sparing info from him himself to be able to get some further advice about what to do here. I'm sorry if I seem all over the place, just trying to take everything into account and find the simplest but best course of action to fix this for him)

-3 days ago all of his files got wiped, everything shut down and booted down the PC and then when restarted it took him to the blue Recovery menu options. He's been stuck in Recovery loop since it happened so not going to go through all the individual advanced recovery options it suggests because all of it has not helped what so ever. Only things that has helped get me this far and close to hopefully fixing it has been CMD. He thought maybe something in the settings got messed with and tried going through

net user administrator /active: yes

-nothing.

-Ran

chkdsk <driveletter>

-Came back with errors but were not fixed and told to fix by running /f to fix. so we did, and nothing. Idr what else we all tried but it has prompted us that disc couldn't be locked because it was write protected, another way it told us that System Protection had to be enabled on :C/ but all ways to go about trying to do what it wants it will not allow me because a lot of commands that should be commands, its telling me are not recognized internal or external... After a few hours researching what I could try...

net start vss > rstrui.exe/offline:C:\windows=active

-I chose what should have been a good recovery partition to go from but error (0x80070002) popped up.

-This is when I decided I was going to try and Boot the pc using a USB with windows installation media on it and while trying to find out what Windows version the PC has through CMD:

systeminfo | findstr /B /C:"OS Name" /C:"OS Version"

findstr /B /C:"OS Name" /C:"OS Version"

winver

slmgr /xpr

systeminfo

-All giving me the same results of:

"...is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

-So I decided to try and find out what account this thing is stuck on and ran net user, this is what I got:

Administrator DefaultAccount Guest

WDAGUtilityAccount

"The command completed with one or more errors"

-WDAGUtilityAccount being the only known account, I went ahead and created a new local user account:

net user name password /ADD

-Once created, I added the account to the admin group:

net localgroup administrators name /add

-I was hoping this would then allow me to get some of the system info and allow me to uninstall a Windows Update that has been known to move users files into a different temp account or actually deletes them. But still, commands like:

systeminfo

findstr

winver

slmgr

systemreset

all tell me that they are not commands in the system. (Which is why I'm thinking reinstalling Windows onto his laptop through installation media USB is my only other option).

-Currently waiting for Windows 10 to fully download onto the USB, but figured id get input and see if maybe someone had a similar experience and was able to fix it by something I haven't tried yet and would be easier than waiting forever for Windows to download onto this drive... This is where I'm currently at in the CMD:

X:\windows\system32>SFC /SCANNOW

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.

Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

X:\windows\system32>wusa /uninstall /kb:4532693 /quiet /forcestart

'wusa' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

X:/\windows\system32>wmic qfe list brief /format:table

Description FixComments HotFixID InstallDate InstalledBy InstalledOn Name ServicePackInEffect

S

Security Update KB4497727 4/1/2019

Update KB4517245 NT Authority\System 11/29/2019

Security Update KB4524569 NT Authority\System 11/29/2019

Security Update KB4541338 NT Authority\System 5/23/2020

Security Update KB4551762 NT Authority\System 5/23/2020

X:\windows\system32> @echo off

wusa /uninstall /kb:4532693 /quiet /norestart

end

'wusa' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

'end' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom