How do I remove the volume media overlay banner?

U

UnsurePenguin

How can I remove the banner overlay?

I know of previous guides and previous threads on the Windows support forums like this one How to disable the new volume overlay? which consistently say that it is a setting in chrome. I have already disabled the chrome feature a few months ago, but the overlay pops up when I have a video playing with Windows' built-in video application (Movies & TV).

I've been unable to find any guides on how to disable it since they all seem to answer the question of disabling the chrome banner. I've also seen other people suggest downloading How to get rid of the Volume OSD in Windows 8 / 8.1 and 10 | Venturi.de, but this program hides the On-Screen Display (OSD) as a whole instead of just the second part of the banner which displays the source of the audio. I've attached a screenshot of the full OSD while a video is open in the included Movies & TV application. The same banner appears while the video is open and not playing, with the only difference being a play button instead of a pause button in the middle.

a8b9ddcb-9809-40d3-abdd-c6e525134040?upload=true.png

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom