Constant Random Crashes Win 10

J

Joe.BPG

I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm getting constant crashes and BSOD's with a newly built system.

Specs
---
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B450-F (ASUS Rog Strix X570-F has also been tested with no success)
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB DDR4 (HyperX Fury DDR4 2x8GB has also been tested with no success)

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, MEMORY MANAGEMENT, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, KERNAL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE are the errors I get generally but there have been others.

The crashes are random, nothing I do seems to reproduce it reliably. Programs can run fine for 1 hour then I'll get 5 crashes in 10 mins before I even get to the login screen. Some days I can't have anything running more than 10 minutes before it crashes. Before I get the BSOD, programs will start randomly closing. Explorer will also crash and re-load multiple times. Event viewer almost always says the faulting module is ntdll.dll. I have tried registering, repair and getting another copy of this file from another computer than has 0 issues with no success. Sometimes I will get a faulting module of cdp.dll.

I have reinstalled windows upward 20+ times now. I've used version 20H2, 2004 and 1909. All still crash.

I have installed windows and removed the ethernet cable to prevent any automatic updates and drivers installing. Still get crashes.

I have tried disabling windows update, windows store and windows defender to prevent their automatic updates. Still get crashes.

I've set my page file to system managed, manually and to none. Still get crashes.

I've tried installing all windows updates (including addtional updates), all windows store updates, updated all drivers for peripherals from drivers downloaded from their website. No luck at all. Maybe there's some other drivers that aren't updating or aren't using a newer version that I'm unaware of? I'm not sure how to find this out.

The graphics card is an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080. This worked fine on the previous board 2 weeks ago for years. I have swapped PCI slots with no success. Newest drivers have been installed with no success. Rolling back to previous versions of drivers spanning a time frame of 6 months has no success. Still constant crashes.

I've disconnected all HDD/SSD's apart from the one with Windows installed (which has no other programs) and checked with chkdsk - still crashes.

I checked to see if the RAM was faulty with both Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool and MemTest86 - test on a single stick in different slots - no errors. I bought another set of RAM anyway just to be sure and tested those - no errors. I've tried using just one stick in different slots and I still get crashes.

I have stress tested the CPU - no issues.

I am monitoring the components to see if they are overheating. CPU never goes above 65 degrees (unless I open a CPU intensive program). GPU never goes above 55 degrees (unless i open a GPU intensive program). Nothing is overclocked. All BIOS settings are default.

BIOS has been updated to latest version. Chipset drivers have been installed to latest available.

sfc/scannow - found no erros
DISM (CheckHealth/ScanHealth/RestoreHealth) - found no errors to fix

Please somebody help. I've tried everything I can think of. I'm guessing it's a driver issue but I don't know how to use dumps or Verifier to find out the faulting driver. WhoCrashed only keeps saying it's ntdll.dll but we know it's not that. Any other troubleshooting steps I can take?

Thank you.

Continue reading...