I cannot type into my Windows 10 search bar.

T

TejasA1

The title really says it all. I tried multiple methods, including the powershell and cmd promt commands. none of them seem to help. I've also tried running the sfc scan multiple times, to no end.

The Powershell command

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

yields the following error:

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it modifies are currently in use. error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed

MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS_120.2212.31.0_x64__cw5n1h2txyewy.

NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 11fdf79d-a6ee-0009-db03-fe11eea6d601 in the Event Log or use

the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID 11fdf79d-a6ee-0009-db03-fe11eea6d601

At line:1 char:94

+ ... | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.I ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (C:\Windows\Syst...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], Exception

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

And the following command :

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest

yields no error, but also displays no completion message, nor does it fix my problem.

Any assistance would be much appreciated, thanks.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom