Computer suddenly freezing soon after startup, accompanied by audio crackling and graphical stuttering

J

JennMinkus

Hi. Completely out of the blue, after leaving my computer idle to go eat dinner I came back to a frozen computer, no response to input or anything (Ctrl-Alt-Delete, no response on any LEDs or anything). I restart it thinking it's no big deal (random issues like this tend to happen occasionally). When I start it back up, I try to boot up a game. The game begins stuttering a lot, along with crackly audio which obviously doesn't normally happen. Worried, I shut off the game and right after I do, my PC freezes again. I start it up again and decide to just kinda sit there for a bit after it has a chance to start up and maybe see if I can fiddle with some things to find a solution. Again, not too long after everything's started up and apropos of nothing it freezes. Tried a few more times and it froze up before anything had a chance to open, and also froze a few times on the Acer boot screen. Since then I've tried a few things like defaulting BIOS settings, booting into safe mode (which it ran fine in but I'm not sure how to further isolate the problem from there), and letting Windows attempt to resolve disk issues and nothing has worked. Before I resort to a system restore or opening it up and playing with the wires I'm hoping I'm missing some easy quick fix?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom