Can't delete or remove a "Folder entry" in "File Explorer"

T

TrevorWarry

I have around 40 identical looking entries in my "File Explorer" which I can not remove or delete.

These entries appear in the File Explorer list between:
- Quick Access
and
- OneDrive

I have tried to "delete or remove" the "icons" but can't find a way of doing it.

If I click on the icon - I get the following error message:

"C:users\Trevo\OneDrive\Pictures\iCloud Photos\Photos is unavaialbe. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device is connected or the disc inserted, and then try again. If the location is on a network, make sure you're connected to the network or internet, and then try again. If the location still can't be found, it might have been moved or deleted."

And yes - I have deleted the Folder.......
But how can I delete all of the "Icon/entries" in File Explorer??

It is very annoying as I have around 40 entries and therefore have to scroll down a long way each time I use explorer.....

I tried creating the folders again manually - but that didn't help.... When I did that, the "erroneous folders" on my Laptop appeared to be linked to a "sub folder" on OneDrive.

I don't know why the Folders/Icons appears so many times...as far as I can tell they are all identical but I can't delete them.

I have captured screen shots and a more detailed explanation in a Word Document in my OneDrive account. You could see that document through this link - I hope.

screenshots and description of the issue

Can you please help me to sort this issue out?

thanks,
Trevor

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom